This ice dream is date, banana, coconut milk, and pumpkin seeds. There are so many delicious vegan ice creams on the market these days but it’s pretty easy to make your own. Not to mention, easy on the wallet and produces MUCH more than a pint. I have no guilt in eating this whole thing in a few days. I saw it as a energy snack and it was. If you haven’t tried the vegan ice cream brands out there then I highly suggest it as well. There is a list of some great brands that you can find almost anywhere below. There are even more brands available depending on where you live. Making vegan ice cream can be as simple as whipping frozen bananas, avocado, coconut cream, etc.
Top with my Granola, and toasted coconut
8 great vegan ice creams
Yields: 10 servings
- 1 cup Medjool dates, buy with pits and pit them yourself so they are soft.
- 1/2 cup hot nut milk as needed (to help blend dates)
- optional; 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, agave, or sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can full fat coconut milk (chill first)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut cream (chill first)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp grated ginger or ginger juice
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- optional; 1 tbsp almond extract or paste
- top with; granola, maple syrup, cinnamon
- Ginger Whip Cream
- 1 14oz can coconut cream, chilled first
- 3 tbsp grated ginger or ginger juice
Chill a mixing bowl in the freezer to use later. Also, make sure the coconut milk and cream have been chilled first.
In a food processor blend the dates. Add a little bit of hot nut milk here and there to get them into a creamy paste. Add the cinnamon, maple syrup or sugar, and ginger to that. Scoop that out into the mixing bowl and put in the fridge.
Open the chilled cans of coconut milk and cream. Remove the liquid and scoop out the stiff cream. In a mixer, whip the cream for 5-10 minutes until peaks form. Add to the mixing bowl and put back in the fridge.
Optional; Fill the food processor with the frozen bananas. It will take a while for them to whip. You will need to stop it and constantly scrape the sides into the blades. Be patient.
Take the mixing bowl and blend the date paste, coconut whip, and the banana cream, in the mixer or by hand. Add the xanthan gum and fold it constantly for as long as you can.
Add the pumpkin seeds. Pour into a bread pan that is lined with wax paper and cover it well. Freeze for 6 and more hours.
For the whip cream, take the chilled can of coconut cream and remove the liquid. Put in the mixer with the ginger until it becomes whipped. Spoon it out like that.
Top with ginger whip cream and serve. It may need time to thaw before serving if it's very hard, 10 minutes or so.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 4 hours until frozen
Trackback from your site.